Germany coach Joachim Low appeared before the media for the first time after the elimination at the World Cup in Russia and acknowledged the reasons that led to the team's failure.
The 58-year-old coach admitted that his biggest mistake 'was to think that with our dominant style we would go through the group stage', in which they ended up in the last seat behind Sweden, Mexico and South Korea, in that order.
At a press conference held in this city, the strategist said that his way of facing the games 'was almost arrogant'.
'When we carry out this game, all the conditions must be right for us to face this high risk. These conditions were not right for us in those games, ' he said.
'I wanted to take this game to the top and perfect it even more. I should have prepared the team as I did in 2014, when there was a balance between the offensive and the defensive, he said.
Low called the early elimination of Germany, champion four years earlier in Brazil, a 'hard blow', adding that 'we are far below our means and rightly pay for it'.
Despite the scandalous performance of the German team, the strategist remained in charge, and now his biggest challenge is to renew the illusion of the squad.
This reappearance before the press aimed to present his analysis of the World Cup and present the list of candidates for the international matches of the Teutonic team in September.
Germany will receive here on September 6 the current world champion, France, in the new League of Nations, and three days later in Sinsheim, south-west of the country, will face Peru in a friendly match. / PL